Thursday, December 18, 2014

Baby Quilt

One of my friends and I have a mutual love for purple and green. My siblings remind me that these are the colors for Barney and the Joker. Nevertheless, I love the colors together. When I found out my friend was having her first girl, after three boys, I wanted to make her a purple and green quilt. 

I finished the top to this quilt back in August, but I don't like it. It did not turn out the way I had hoped in my head. The pattern ended up being WAY more of a hassle than I expected and I don't like how the colors look together. I thought all the random purples and greens would look cute together, but I just don't like it. 

I finally quilted it and sewed on the binding this week. I told myself, an okay quilt is better than no quilt at all. The scrappy binding does help pull all the colors together a bit more. Unfortunately, you can't see the scrappy binding well in the pictures. So in the end I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. They can't all be your favorites I guess. 



It was great to be quilting and sewing on binding again. It had been too long. I hope to get back to sewing once I settle in to the routine of two kids. I actually woke up with my alarm at 6:45 this morning. Woohoo. I will slowly get my myself back into a 5:30-6:00 start. I have to get up before these boys!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?