Monday, November 10, 2014

Thankful 10 Days

Since I am a new mom and have to do these things when I have time, I have decided to group them in three sets of ten. 

1. I am thankful for Jared and his constant encouragement and support. I am also thankful that he is handy and can fix things around the house and loves to keep our yard looking beautiful. I have loved being married to him for over 5 years. I also love that he is not picky and will eat the same thing three days in a row. :)  and I love that he can make me laugh all the time. We have so much fun being married. 

2. I am so thankful for my 2 healthy and happy boys.  I have secretly found myself wishing that the 3rd child (if we are blessed with more children someday) will also be a boy because already having everything is making this baby so much easier. I love Martin's imagination and have so much fun playing with and reading to him. Teaching him new words is also fun. I hope he and Warren are great friends. I am glad both my boys are good eaters and sleepers. And I am so thankful that Martin sleeps through Warren's crying in the middle of the night.  The transition to having two boys in one room has been so much easier than we expected. I know people have been praying for us and I am so appreciative.  

3. I am thankful for people who are and will be bringing us meals. It is wonderful to not have to cook every day. It has allowed me time to rest, play with Martin, and hold Warren. Thank you!! 

4. I am thankful for a relatively easy pregnancy and delivery and (so far) recovery. I am so thankful for Missy, my nurse, who taught me to breath properly while waiting for my epidural and for demanding that the they find an anesthesiologist to come do an epidural during shift change. For Dr. Miller, who came and did the fastest epidural ever at 9cm (and for Dr. Ogburn postponing a heart procedure so Dr. Miller could come up to labor and delivery). And for Dr. Jennings who was super awesome and involved in my delivery. I was so impressed that he never left the room and was so encouraging. I never wanted a man to deliver my babies, but I would request him any time (I wish I could request him again). 

5. I am thankful for sleep, which is so much easier to get after you aren't pregnant anymore. Ugh, pregnancy is so exhausting and it is so great to not have to wake up and use the restroom every two hours. 

6.  I am thankful for fall. It is my favorite season. I love the colors and flavors. I am so thankful for thanksgiving, my favorite holiday, and that I get to spend it with my ever growing family. 

7. I am thankful for my parents and all that they do for me. I knew Martin was well taken care of while he stayed with them. I am glad he likes them so much. I am thankful they bring me food and watch my kids and run errands for me. They are so sweet. I am thankful for their example and also for all their prayers. Oh and I am grateful for all their help on the kitchen project. We wouldn't have finished, by the time the baby came, without you. 

8. I am thankful for my parents-in-law. Cindy made us a meal the first day we were home and she spent her day off helping me around the house and demanding that I stop picking things up. I am also thankful for the chocolate doughnuts Jason brought us in the hospital. And I am also thankful for their Godly example.  

9. I am thankful for food. I think I have mentioned it in almost every comment. I am glad God gave us a bunch of different kinds of food. 

10. I am thankful for my house. I love it. I think it is the perfect size for our family. It keeps me from collecting too much stuff. It keeps me creatively finding new ways to use the small spaces. I love how cozy it is! And I especially love my kitchen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?