Thursday, November 13, 2014

One Hour Rolls

Tinker toys are some of Martin's new favorite toys. I am so glad; I love them. We made a spinning wheel last night and it kept Martin busy for almost half an hour. We also sorted the colors and shapes into different piles. It is teaching me patience because I want to jump in a sort them really fast and take over. :) I have to remind myself that he is learning, even if he isn't using them the "right" way all the time. 

My mom came over and watched Martin while Warren and I went to his 2 week check-up. What? How is he two weeks old? He is growing well which means I don't have to wake him at night to feed him if he is sleeping. Yay! She also collected my trash, washed diapers, vacuumed, and prepped chicken for dinner for tonight (we are having sour cream chicken - if you haven't made the   recipe yet, go do it! It is one of our favorites!!!). 

What happens when you want to have bread with a meal, but you didn't plan ahead? Let me introduce you to one of my favorite bread recipes from my mother-in-law, One Hour Yeast Rolls! My mom also threw these together for me yesterday. Thanks, Mom!! 

One Hour Rolls

1 tsp salt
3 T oil
2 T sugar
1 c. Milk
2-1/4 tsp yeast
2 c flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

Heat sugar, oil, salt, and milk to 110-125 degrees. Pour over flour and yeast. Dough will be sticky, but not soupy. It may need more flour. 

Dump on a floured surface. Sprinkle top with flour. Pat to a 1/4" thickness. Cut into rounds. 

Lay on a greased cookie sheet (or on parchment paper). Place a pat of butter in the middle of each round. Fold in half and pinch edges to seal closed. 

Closed with dry dish towel. Rise 1-2 hours. Bake 12-15 minutes or until slightly brown. 

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to mention that I used half whole wheat flour this time. I think it gives it more flavor. :) I also let it rise for a bit extra because I was nursing, which is why I put the 1-2 hour range. It seemed to work fine rising for extra time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?