Sunday, October 19, 2014

Hiding Place

Against the God who rules the sky 
I fought with hand uplifted high 
Despised the mention of His grace 
Much too proud to seek a hiding place 

Wrapped in shadows of the night 
Fond of darkness more than light 
Blind, I ran the sinful race 
I felt no need for a hiding place 

But then the eternal council ran 
"Almighty love, arrest this man!" 
I felt the arrows of distress 
And found I had no shield, no hiding place 

Holy justice stood in view 
To Sinai's fiery mount I flew 
But justice cried with frowning face 
"This mountain is no hiding place" 

But then a heavenly voice I heard 
And mercy for my soul appeared 
She led me on with gentle pace 
To Jesus as my hiding place 

Should seven storms of vengeance roll 
And shake this earth from pole to pole 
No thunderbolt shall daunt my face 
While Jesus is my hiding place 
While Jesus is my hiding place 

On Him almighty vengeance fell 
Which would have sunk this world to Hell 
He bore it for a sinful race 
To make Himself our hiding place
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?