Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Boppy Cover

One of the 12 pregnant women at church is having a girl. She is decorating her nursery in grey, yellow, and teal. She registered for only one boppy cover. It was yellow and grey chevrons on one side and solid grey minky fabric on the other.  I had to change my boppy covers quite often. So, I knew having an extra on hand would be helpful. :) 

As an aside: When I have a girl I am investing in purple and some pink. Purple is my favorite color, mosly indigo and darker purples, not as much lavender and especially not fuchsia and middle purples. 
Jared found the fabric on the left. It is a soft terry cloth and is much more grey then it appears in this picture. As you know, I can't resist polka dots. I figured this baby girl would enjoy looking at these. Martin loved dots and strips. 

I decided to make it the hard way and insert a zipper across the actual boppy. I should have put it in the seam or there are patterns that just let you slip the boppy inside without a zipper. I will be making one without a zipper for myself (hopefully, this weekend - Cindy bought me the fabric yesterday and The Dusty Attic's strips, plaids, and polka dot sale). 

All in all, it was quite simple to make, even without a pattern. 

Happy October? How is it October already? It needs to start being cooler during the day. 

We are planning on taking a wall down in our house this weekend to make the kitchen slightly bigger. This means my washer and dryer will now be in my kitchen. This bumps up the curtains that cover them as my next project. I will post more on all that as it happens. Do you have any weekend plans? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?