Friday, September 12, 2014

When a child is sick

Thursday I had a whole list of things to do. The only thing I finished off the list was to cook dinner and grocery shop. Why? Martin started a fever while we were out grocery shopping and just wanted to be held most of the day. He would play by himself sometimes, but only if I was in the room, close by. 

I find games, books, and toys that Martin hasn't seen before distract him better when he is sick. I invent games sometimes (let's pick up pine cones, pour this water into different size bowls and cups, can you slide these matchsticks down the straws? etc.). I gave him this colander and some pipe cleaners and it became our favorite game yesterday. He would put them in, take them out, hand them to me, and repeat. 

He woke up three times last night.  The first two times I was able to pat his back and he fell asleep. The third time he was up for almost an hour. Needless to say, I am tired and glad we have no plans tonight. Oh, and our neighbor's car alarm went off at 2am, but somehow didn't manage to wake Martin. However, as I have mentioned in others posts, I am thankful for the times that I get to rock and hold him. Someday I won't be able to do that anymore and it will make me sad. For now I enjoy the  snuggles, even when they are at 3am. 

I had my cookbook out, and turned to the correct page, to post my pancake recipe, but as you can read, I was sidetracked again. Maybe today while he naps I can find some time. 

P.s. The highlight of my day was reaching into the bottom of my diaper bag and finding a banana tht had been there for over a week, maybe two or three. I have no idea how long it has been in there. It was all black and completely slimy. It spilled its stinky slime all over my diaper bag. 

Have you ever found anything strange or gross in your purse, backpack, or diaper bag? 

3 comments:

  1. I hope that Martin feels better soon. I'm impressed with all of the games you invent for him.

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you should check out Cheryl McKelvey's blog sometime: http://thinking-about-home.blogspot.com/

    She and some of the other ladies at the home church blog and I think you'd like seeing their home/craft projects, cooking, homeschooling stuff, etc. :)

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the links. I have enjoyed what I have read so far.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?