Chicken marinade and coating:
1/4 c. Soy sauce
1 c. Water
1-2 pounds chicken, trimmed and sliced
2 T sesame oil
1 T cornstarch
1 T flour
1. Trim and slice chicken. Marinate chicken in soy sauce and water for 20 minutes to 1 hour. Drain.
2. Mix oil, cornstarch, ad flour until smooth. Toss chicken in mixture until evenly coated.
Sauce and veggies:
1/4 c. Chicken broth
1 T soy sauce
1 T oyster sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
4 tsp minced ginger
1 medium garlic clove
Chicken from above
1-2 heads of bok choy
1-2 peppers, cut into 1/4" strips
3. Whisk broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, cornstarch, sugar, and red pepper flakes and 2tsp of the minced ginger.
Combine remaining ginger, garlic, and 1 tsp oil in another bowl.
4. Heat 2 tsp oil in pan. Add half chicken in flat layer. Cook without stirring until golden brown. Flip. Cook other side.
Repeat with rest of chicken.
5. Heat 1 tsp oil in pan. Add bok choy stalks and peppers. Stir fry until brown. Add garlic/ginger mixture in center. Cook until fragrant (20-40 sec). Mix with veggies as cook until they are tender-crisp. Add bok choy leaves and cook until they begin to wilt.
6. Add sauce and chicken. Heat until chicken is warmed. Serve over rice. :)
This chicken is amazing. I love the texture and flavor. It uses up two of our csa veggies!!! Hooray. Now if only I could find something to do with eggplant. Grr.
P.s. I want this wool flowery rug from Pottery Barn. I love the gray and purple together. Love. Love. Love. If this baby was a girl I would be very tempted to purchase it. Okay, I am still tempted. Purple is my favorite color.