Saturday, August 16, 2014

Fresh Food

I was trying to clean out my frig today (I was also avoiding going to the grocery store). I pulled some turkey burger out of the freezer and made a batch of spaghetti sauce with fresh tomatoes and basil. We will eat that on spaghetti when we come home from church tomorrow. 

Then I decided to use up my eggplant. I am trying a new recipe from ATK for eggplant Parmesan. You salt the eggplant first and let the water drain out of it for 45 minutes. Then you soak up any extra water with a towel. Then you bread it and throw it in a hot tray in the oven and brown the coating. After the eggplant is nice and crispy, you later it with sauce (made again from fresh tomatoes and basil) and mozzarella cheese. It is pretty awesome. Can you believe vegetables could taste so good?!?  

I have spent a lot of this week cleaning and organizing drawers and closets (which isn't as rewarding as rooms because you can't see the difference unless you take before and after photos and leave your closet doors open). 

We were grateful for our new fence,last night, when the neighbors dog escaped and bit someone (it is a pitbull, Bleh). The police and animal control came and tried to catch it with dog biscuits. That is rewarding it for bad behavior. We were letting Martin burn off some energy last night before bed when it happened. It was such a gorgeous night, for summer, last night. 

I am trying to decide what dessert to make for dinner tomorrow night. Any suggestions? I still need to make those Carmel, chocolate covered pretzel rods someday. I was thinking maybe oatmeal raisin cookies, but if I am going to go that far, why not just make cowboy cookies? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?