Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Car Seat Buckle Cover

  1. This is my son. He loves to figure things out, such as unbuckling his car seat or opening pill bottles. I don't stop his curious nature except when it is dangerous, as in driving around with your car seat unbuckled. 

    So I am in the process of making a buckle cover to stop his sneaky little fingers from exploring while we drive. The first one I slid over the belts, which caused it to be especially hard for me to buckle him in. That one only lasted a few days. 

    I then sewed one with Velcro down the long side, but it bunched up in the middle and left the buckled exposed. 

    Prototype three is in process right now and I forgot to take a picture. I am trying Velcro around the short sides. I will update later on how that turns out. I think he will catch on after a few weeks and I might be back to the drawing board again. I have read that buttons and snaps might be another option. 

    Have you ever dealt with this problem? Any suggestions? We switched his car seat around so I can now see him in the mirror now and give him the stink eye.  I could hear him unbuckle it before, but saying something never worked. 


1 comment:

  1. I love that first picture of him. What a little cutie.

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?