Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Week 24

We have had a busy day today and it is just lunchtime. We went to the OB this morning. Everything looks great. Thank God for two healthy pregnancies so far. With both baby #2 and Martin they have trouble finding the heartbeat, which is not worrying because I can feel the baby bouncing around in there. My kids just don't like to sit in one place for too long. The nurse chases him around my stomach and he kicks the microphone. It makes me laugh, which sounds strange through the microphone. The doctor had to hold down one side of my stomach today to force the baby to sit on the other side. Silly baby. 

I have gained 20 pounds, which puts me nearly where I want to be. With Martin I had gained 24 pounds by the same time.  So I am already doing better. My goal is to gain only 35 pounds this time (I gained 40 last time). But really I would be happy with anything under 40. As Jared keeps reminding me, "nine months on, nine months off". He is right; I shouldn't expect to lose it faster than I gained it. 

I have no cravings. I love savory foods, but that is how I usually eat. I would much rather order a crab dip appetizer, than a dessert. I have read a couple books, but I forgot to write them down.  I should make a list on my blog of the books I read each year. Maybe I will make a page for that. 

Martin and I stopped by Arby's on the way home to steal some internet and download a new book on my kindle. Then we came home and ate lunch at 10:30 (when you eat breakfast at 6 or 6:30, you get hungrier earlier). 

I made tacos and spaghetti & meatballs for dinners. I am going to make homemade pasta in a little while. I also have a pan of black bean brownies in the oven. I keep reading about them online and curiosity (and a craving for chocolate) finally overcame my disgust of mixing chocolate and beans. All the recipes are from, surprise surprise, America's Test Kitchen except the brownies. I love their taco recipe; I make it all the time. It is so easy and so much better than the little envelope of seasonings. This is the first time I have tried their meatballs and spaghetti sauce. I will have to let you know later how they turn out. 

Another reason summer is okay, fresh herbs for foods from my yard. This is basil and my favorite chef knife that Jared bought me for Christmas. I love it!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?