Friday, July 18, 2014

Wardrobe Update

I had been meaning to make curtains for the front of the wardrobe for five years.  I finally did. I didn't have quite enough linen fabric to cover both sides, so I added the red strip to the top. I wish I could say I planned to have it there because I think it adds to it. I am contemplating screen printing an ampersand on the fabric. 

Before

After

Martin has a cold, but he sweetly sat in his chair while I sewed this morning. He is a pretty good baby. We have also been reading books and throwing a ball back and forth while listening to BBC news. He loves books and I am so glad. It has been a pretty relaxing morning. 

Yesterday, we went blueberry picking and bought a half bushel of peaches. I will let you know what we do with them. I tried a new cobbler recipe last night, but didn't like it. The rest of the peaches are still not ripe. I am thinking I will make jam once they start to soften. 

Do you have any weekend plans? I am hoping to make shelves for Martin's closet and a play table for his toy closet. If I get one of those finished I will be super happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?