Monday, July 28, 2014

Sour Cream Chicken

For my wedding shower, my bridesmaids threw me a food party. It was perfect for me. They had everyone bring one of their favorite dishes and a recipe card of the dish. One of my all time favorite recipes, that I use at least once a month, is sour cream chicken from Trish Robins. 

Since I am pregnant, I cut the garlic down, but it is still incredible!!! Also, Trish just breads the chicken fillets; I cut my fillets into 3 or 4 smaller pieces so they cook faster. Because the fillets are cut up and have more surface area, they need more bread crumbs. I also have cut the butter in half. 

3-4 boneless chicken breasts
2 clove garlic
1 c. Sour cream
2 T lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp Tabasco
1 - 2 cups Italian bread crumbs
1/4 c. Melted butter 

Mix garlic, sour cream, lemon, salt, paprika, and Tabasco.

 Either dip chicken into mixture and place in a 13x9" pan or place the mixture and the chicken in a bowl, stir, and cover. Let this sit for several hours or overnight. 

Pour bread crumbs on a plate. I pour about a cup to start with and then add more to the plate as needed. Coat all sides of the chicken and place in clean 13x9" pan. Pour melted butter over the top. 

Bake 30-45 minutes at 350 degrees. 

It is especially good with wild rice and green beans or mashed potatoes and asparagus.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?