Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Sleep

I was reminded today that sleep is a blessing and that God gives us just what we need. Recently, I have started sleeping poorly (about week 26 during pregnancy and no sleep position feels comfortable). I wake up 5 or 6 times a night because I am just uncomfortable. Thank God for when the baby comes. Babies are better out than in. At least once the baby is born, when I have to wake up, I get to hold a sweet little baby and rock him. :) This morning I read both these verses and they were encouraging. The Lord sustain me, even when I am super tired and don't feel like I can continue. 

Psalms 3:5
I lay down and slept; I woke again, for The Lord sustained me. 

And this verse was especially comforting to me when I traveled for work. When I was in Mexico I had trouble sleeping the first night until I found this verse. I read it many times the week that I was there and repeated it to myself as I fell asleep each night. How can I worry when he promises peace and safety? 

Psalms 4:8
In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety. 

Is there anything better than holding a sleeping baby? They are so snuggly. I wish I had some photos saved on my phone from when he was younger. Whenever i do have to get up in the middle of the night to rock a baby I think, "someday I am really going to miss this, so I better enjoy it now." I am praying this next baby sleeps as well, or better, than Martin. :) But even if he doesn't, God will sustain me. Praise God for that. In my weakness, he is strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?