Saturday, June 07, 2014

Photos and a Project

This post was supposed to upload Thursday. The blogger app fails to post sometime. Since it didn't load, I will give you an update on the csa foods. We had chicken fajita salads two night, I sautéed the turnips in brown butter and brown sugar, and have made two spinach smoothies so far. I haven't used the kale or the escarole. I am probably going to trying baking them in a casserole topped with bread crumbs and cheese. :)

Wednesday is CSA day (or Thursday could be if we were busy on Wednesday). It looks like we will be eating a lot of lettuce, kale, and spinach (not included in picture). 
I tried to grill my turnips last week, but I burnt them. We will see what happens this week. 

We went over to my parents house for dinner on Wednesday and for homemade strawberry ice cream. I made strawberry pretzel salad with double the strawberries. I will type the recipe in later. But I posted a picture of the recipe. 

 As you can see, I don't follow recipes perfectly. I make lots of modifications. I cut down the water because when you pour hot water on strawberries it causes them to release juice and then the jello doesn't set properly. I also like less sugar and butter and more pretzels in the crust. 

Homemade strawberry ice cream in homemade waffle comes. I don't like hot weather, but if it brings fresh fruit and homemade ice cream, it is bearable. 

And I made a tote bag to carry produce in for my friend that is splitting my csa box with me. It is color blocked pink and blue. 
And has a reversible lining for the fall (since our csa runs through December). 
I thought the bag looked a little boring. So I screenprinted her name on it. 
BUT I made a juvenile error and forgot to put cardboard in the middle and the ink bleed through the bag. Agr. So, I gave it to her anyway, but I was so mad at myself for doing something so silly. Oh well. It can still hold produce. 

Have you been working on anything lately? I have been working on two maternity shirts. I will post pictures if I ever get them to a stage I like. I think at least one of them will make it into my closet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?