Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Strawberries


Every year I say I am going to pick 100 quarts.  One of these years I will make it. I have picked 30 so far this year. Strawberries are probably my favorite fruit, but it is hard to pick a favorite with peaches and blueberries around as well. 

I made strawberry shortcake for Jared's birthday last night (his favorite). Today I am making a strawberry pie, my favorite. 

Today is just a relaxing day around the house. Martin and I started the morning off by going to pick strawberries with Grandma Cindy. Then we came home and read a few books and played. Once Martin went down for a nap, I finished Til We Have Faces by CS Lewis.  I bought it for Jared's birthday and he said I should read it. It is unlike any other book I have read by Lewis, but it is really good. If Jared hadn't warned me that it was based on a Greek myth and a bit strange, I might not have enjoyed it as much. 

I am about to go make that pie (Google America's Test Kitchen and Strawberry Pie - it is super easy and more predictable than the jello recipe - I might have it listed under recipes) and then fold clothes. Hopefully, I will finish both before Martin wakes up. :)

What is your favorite fruit? Do you have any favorite strawberry recipes? Jared likes strawberry pretzel salad too (why is it called a salad?). I will probably make that this weekend.  

I also want to start back on my deep cleaning list now that I am starting to have a bit more energy. Are there any projects you hope to finish by summer? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?