Saturday, March 01, 2014

Two New Recipes

I tried two new recipes this morning, Green Chili Cheeseburgers and Swabian Pockets. I have included a picture of the Swabian pockets drying on a cookie sheet. After they dry for two hours, I have to boil them and then serve them in chicken broth(if they turn out, I might bring them to church for the Sundsy dinner). They are from my German cookbook. They are stuffed with chicken, spinach, bread, onion, and egg. If either recipe is good, I will post the recipe later. 


This dough was kneaded by hand for 10-15 minutes. It was quite a workout.  I often marvel at the way people used to cook on the past. We have it so easy: dishwashers, mixers, blenders, ovens, etc. 
Have you tried any new recipes lately? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?