Ingredients:¾ c. cornmeal
¾ c. corn masa
2-1/2 tsp. Baking powder
½ tsp NaCl
1 14oz can of creamed corn
3 T grease
Directions1. Preheat over to 400 degrees F.
2. Place either a cast iron skillet or a square glass baking dish in the oven with the grease. Let the grease melt and become hot.
3. Mix together dry ingredients.
4. Pour in creamed corn and eggs. Mix gently until just combined. Pour about half the hot grease in the batter and mix a 10 – 15 times (batter should make a sizzling sound if the grease is hot enough, it will still turn out even if it doesn't sizzle – I usually have it hot enough 50% of the time).
5. Pour into hot skillet or pan. Bake for 10 – 15 minutes. Outer edges should be brown and the middle should not jiggle when the pan is slide back and forth.
6. Turn out on plate and serve immediately.
I like the cornbread plain, however, if you would like it to be sweeter, try eating a piece with honey or molassas poured over the top. Yum!!!