Friday, October 05, 2012

Baby names

Here was my list before we found out the gender:

Girls
Evelyn Grace
Rose (middle name of second girl)
Louisa Anne
Virginia and Georgia (twins)
Emma
Elsie
Violet
Margaret
Ella
Lucy
Julianna
Eliza
Adeline
Amelia
Blaise Isabel (just because you can rearrange blaise to get isabel -- ha ha)
Olivia

Boys
...
...
...

So, I wasn't surprised to learn that we were having a boy because life is just funny like that.  I love so many girl names and have no strong feelings towards boys names at all.  Well, at least I have 19 weeks to prepare.

I just realized in typing that list that I really like vowel names for girls. Maybe if we have 5 girls someday I will name them A, E, I, O, and U. I just need a U name. I am just kidding. But if they are girls, it looks like they will be a nice mix of A and E names.

9 comments:

  1. YAY A LITTLE BOY! I'm so excited to meet my new little nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. violet & lucy are on our list too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want to have two boys because we have two boys names that we ADORE, and I really want to have two boys with those names.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jared doesn't like Violet, so if you use it I would be so thrilled!! I think it is the most adorable little name ever. Plus, it doesn't hurt that my favorite color is purple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had the opposite problem! We had a "FOR SURE" boys name, and several "iffy" girls names.

    We ended up choosing Molly, which wasn't even on our girl's name list to begin with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great names. I am sure you'll get just the perfect name for B.B.Shelton. (BTW: I think Blaise would make a great boys name-as in Blaise Pascal)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a big fan of Blaise Pascal, I even went to the church where he is buried when I was in France.

    ReplyDelete
  8. same here.... we had lots of really cute girl names, and were a little disappointed when we found out we would need a boy name. That's why we had to just make one up. heh

    Love all of those names. You better hold on to them until the next baby Shelton comes along. I'm sure your boy is gonna have a perfect name that will match his personality

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course...have fun picking names

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?