Thursday, July 12, 2012

Grilled Potatoes and cheese

So, my Dad grew yellow and red potatoes in his garden this year.  I am blessed enough to be his daughter, which means I am given free potatoes.  I never realized that potatoes could taste better fresh, but they really do!!  Last night I had to run back out, after work, to VBS decorating.  Thus, I needed a quick meal.  The following recipe is what I came up with; I will definitely make theses again.

Grilled Potatoes and Cheese (and broccoli and green onions)

1a. Poke holes in potatoes with a knife.  This is the fun part.  I probably poke way too many holes in my potatoes just because it is fun to stab them. Place on a plate or dish with a little bit of water.  Microwave on high 4 - 10 minutes depending on the size of potato.  You may want to rotate them.  I poke at them some more with the knife to see how done they are.

1b.  While they are cooking, turn on grill to medium.

2. Once they are close to being fully cooked, removed from microwave and smash.  I took a heavy bottomed glass and pounded on them a few times, just to break them up. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

3. Grease a piece of tin foil and place on a grill over medium heat.  Place on smashed potatoes. Leave on grill for 5 - 7 minutes.

4. Grate cheese (I used Cheddar and Parmesan), chopped up green onions, and cook broccoli.

5. Flip potatoes over.  Sprinkle with cheese and green onions.  Let cook 4 -6 more minutes. Sprinkle on broccoli loosely chopped up.  Cook another 3 -5 minutes.

6. Slide airbake cookie sheet under the tinfoil. Turn off grill.  Carry inside.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?