Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Mexico Part II

A few random thrown together notes:
* On a lighter note, so far they have fed me pizza and chicken nuggets... So much for getting to try great Mexican food.
* Having no car while travelling is worthless. I can't go anywhere without anyone else and I have under the mercy of the driver as to how late I have to stay out (I learned this last week when I was in Philly too).
* One of the guys that I am travelling with had an allergic reaction to the sheets in the hotel.  I was really thankful that I am not allergic to the bedsheets.
* Dramamine is one of the greatest drug ever invented.  I am so thankful for that.  I still feel somewhat sick after the flight for a day or two, but it is SO much better.
* On my way from IWD (Dullas) to DFW (Dallas) I sat next to the most talkative man in the world.  He was an actuary from Australia that grew up in South Africa. He worked for the World Bank.  His mother was from Poland and his father from Argentina.  We chatted the entire flight about all sorts of mathy things, food, homeschooling, parents and children, when to have kids, DC, how bad smoking is for you, greek yogurt, genetics (and how they play into gender and intelligent), and statistics.  It was wonderfully distracting to my fear of flying; we were in Dallas before I realized it. 
* Thankfully, I slept on most of the flight from Dallas to CUU.  Not, thankfully, I missed the passing out of the custom's papers and got stuck in customs while the rest of my group waited for me outside.  Thankfully, they waited.
* We have been piling 4 largely build guys (not fat) and me into a little car (Jetta) with no seat belts.  It is the true Mexican experience.
* From 6 - 8 every night the hotel has a free happy hour and they serve free beer and all sorts of liquor, as well as taquitos, wings, and chicken nuggets.  It is one of the weirdest things I have seen.
* I have been going to bed at 7:30 or 8:00 and getting up at 4:30.  Time changes to the West are not cool.  I would rather change in the other direction and be forced to get up earlier.  I don't like everything being pushed back three hours.  By the time I leave the plant here, it is 7pm at home.  My brain is dead after 4ish. 
* I am going to be so happy to be home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?