Thursday, March 01, 2012

February Goals Report

I am going to rate myself out of 5 because partial credit is better than no credit.


1. I would like to take more pictures of life to document what happens (even the boring stuff)
* I have been taking a few more pictures.  I have started carrying my camera around, but I usually forget it is there.
(2.5/5)


2. clean out my fabric stash by making lots of fabric things (so I can buy new fabric)
* I have started organizing my fabric stash and I have 4 or 5 jobs that are prepped to be sewn.  That will get rid of some of the fabric.  I have a few bigger projects in my head that I want to start (maybe in March, February seems to be book month).
(1.5/5)


3. lose 5 pounds
* I am going to keep this goal.  I have lost 4 pounds, but pants fit much better probably due to the weight training.  But I am raising the bar because I need to force myself to stop eating sugar.  :) 
(4/5)


4. weight train 3 days a week (not just to wimp out by doing just cardio)
* Okay, so I have done this four times this year.  But going along with my goal of working less is my getting to the gym to lift more often.  Cardio is easy.  I have lifted for the last two weeks; I think I am back on track.
(2/5)


5. cook more dinners for Jared and grill more (even in the winter)
accomplished
(4/5)


6. wake up 30 minutes earlier each day
FAIL. I think I did this 3 or 4 times. It was so much better when I got up early...
(1/5)


7.read 2 books a month (I read 4 books a month during grad school, I should be able to read 2... although, reading a 700 page book should count as 2, maybe I should set a page limit... hmmmm, I will get back to you on this one)
* So far this month I have read 8 books and I am in the middle of a 9th. I have far surpassed this goal, but then again, I have done no sewing...
Books read:
Little House in the Bing Woods
Little House on the Prairie
On the Banks of Plum Creek
On the Shores of Silver Lake
The Long Hard Winter
Hunger Games
Mockingjay
Catching Fire
(5/5)


8. visit Stephanie and family (see Colorado again!!!)
accomplished. 


9. finish thank you notes
accomplished.


10. make more granola (just finished the last of my last batch)
accomplished again. 


11. work fewer hours
accomplished.  The past three weeks I have worked just over 40 hours.  No more 50 hour weeks for me for a while!!  :)  My dotted line boss was in town last week and I had a plant tour and I still only worked 42 hours. Go me.  
(4/5)


12. eat less sugar
FAIL.  Between confetti cups, cream puff filling, real whipped cream, and valentine day candy...
(0/5) I didn't even try.


13. watch a Russian new years movie
accomplished :)


14. invite at least one family over for dinner
Does Michelle count?  Or the Taylors for my Mom's birthday? My intention was to invite someone that I didn't know that well, so I am going to say, I failed at this too.
(2/5)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?