Friday, March 23, 2012

Favorite toys

These are a few toys that I still love:


Erector Set
I enjoyed playing with my Dad's old set as a child and my parents bought me my own set.  I bought another set after Christmas a few years ago to add to the collection. Almost all of their old ads talk about how these are for boys.  :(



Tinker Toys
Again, I bought 2 barrels of these after Christmas a few years ago and added them to my older set.



Fisher Price Farm
Do you realize that you to find a picture of this farm, you have to type in the word "vintage"? I am not that old. I love this set. Love love love it!  I have almost all the original pieces still and I bought some extras a while ago.



K*nex
These are some cool uses for K*nex. This guy has a working engine.  We used them in my engineering classes.
 


Lincoln Logs
We used to build towers this tall and then throw the little ones at it to knock it over... We may have scarred up the walls in my Dad's newly built addition doing this.  :)



Marble Track
I especially like these wooden ones.



Blocks
How can you go wrong?


Goemags
Confession: I like the idea of these.  I love magnets.  But Jared bought me the multicolored set and when I try to build thing I seem to have more of one color left over and I can't get it balanced and it frustrates me, thus, this set of my toys rarely is played with.  Plus, they are hard to put back in the case because they get stuck to each other.  When you succeed, is is beautiful, but otherwise, to me, it is irritating. 


add on
When I was at Stef's house,  I built several different variations with the tracks.  I love these. I wish Ikea was closer; on rainy days I would walk around the store.
Metal Tonka Front End Loader and Dump Truck
Oh, yes. Sarah and I owned these. They were hours of fun. We used to sit in the dump truck and push each other around. But I loved digging in the dirt with the Front end loader. Classic. Now that I think about it, Dad, who buys this kind of toy for two young daughters?!?




 

 Some other Ikea toys I spotted that I like:








 

I am sure I have forgotten something.

What are some of your favorite toys?

2 comments:

  1. hey, does the Fisher Price farm have a moo sound when you open the door? We loved that when Jonathan was little... loved blocks too!
    wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! It does make a moo when it opens the door (or sort of like a moo...). I love the people and the barn and the tractor and the animals (especially the chicken).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?