Thursday, March 22, 2012

Baked Ziti

Jared and I rarely eat ground hamburger because ground pork, turkey, and chicken are so much cheaper and better for you.  :)  However, none of those were on sale last week and I resorted to buying regular ground beef.  Half of it went to sloopy Joes and half of it to baked ziti.  This is adapted from my Mom's recipe.  I follow it to the letter, except for I don't add in as much butter.  This recipe always makes me happy; it is a perfect comfort food.

Ingredients:
* A box of noodles, cooked (ziti preferably)
* red sauce (or a jar of spaghetti sauce)
* 1/2 - 1 lb. hamburger, browned with onions
* 3/4 c. Parmesan cheese, divided
* 2 - 3 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
* 1 - 2 T. butter (my Mom says 4 - 6... I just can't bring myself to use that much butter, but it sure is good)

Cook noodles. 
Brown hamburger. 
Grate cheese. 
Make or buy red sauce.
Drain noodles. 
Melt butter in noodles.
Mix in 1/2 c. parmesan cheese.
Spoon 2/3rds of the noodles in pan (13 x 9).
Layer with half mozzarella cheese.
Spread meat and 2/3rds red sauce on top.
Spoon rest of noodles.
Spread rest of sauce.
Sprinkle on the rest of the mozzarella and parmesan cheese.

Bake 350 for 30 - 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?