Friday, February 03, 2012

While in Dallas, I went here:
American Airlines Center



To watch last year's national champions play basketball: 

I saw two old UNC players (Haywood and Wright) and Emmett Smith (in the crowd). Basketball games, to me, are the most interesting sport to watch live.  I really enjoyed the game (even though it was way too late and I was super tired).  The arena is one of the prettiest that I have seen.  It was extremely attractive and awe inspiring at night (with all the huge tv screens mounted on the side, that lit up the entire night sky and made it seem like it was day outside). Downtown Dallas is also one of the prettiest big cities that I have travelled to (it does not beat DC), but it beats the pants of Chicago. 

Tuesday lunch:
Sandwiches from Jason's deli
Peanut butter cookies from me

Tuesday night travelling dinner:
Twisted Root Burger - Bison burger, cheddar, and onions with sweet potato chips (4/5 starts - good, but not jaw dropping amazing).  The decor was interesting, tendy, and fun.   The best part was that they gave you a fake name for each order:
* I was Jackie Kennady
* my trainer was Lebron James
* James Stewart
* Fairy Godmother

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize Dallas is so pretty-thanks for sharing the pics!

    Can't wait to try your granola recipe!

    Listening: I hear ya:) Though I never "plan" what I'm gonna say(I have to plan NOT to speak so much) it took me a long time to realize that "silence" in conversations is a good thing. And people DO love to be listened to. Mrs. Hornor really taught me this-she is always so good at engaging people with poignant questions about themselves.

    Jared/light: Why do I kind of think your hubby is the kind of guy who likes the "ambiance" of the kitchen light(or that he would be "aware" of the effect of any kind of lighting in a room) It's in his artistic nature:)

    Fighter verse: I am REALLY glad we are doing them. I confess that I have only memorized one but I am definitely going to learn the rest!It is good for the brain and good for the soul!(Anytime you want practice I'd be glad to listen to you recite-and vice versa:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He doesn't like overhead lights...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?