Sunday, January 22, 2012

Romans 11:33-36
"Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgements and how inscrutable his ways! For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor? Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid? For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.”


Our church is doing a fighter verse to memorize each week.  This is the first week that I didn't already know the verse.  I am excited to commit more scripture to memory.  It was so much easier when I was a child, but it is so worth it. 
Isn't this verse wonderful? Just think about the depth of the riches, wisdom, and knowledge or God... there is end to them.  He is abundantly lovely and merciful and wise, for that I am very thankful.  I am glad that although no one knows the mind of God, he is working all things to the good of those who love him and are called according to his purpose. 

This verse is a huge comfort to me and a wonderful reminder of who God is.  I am glad that I will have this verse to think about when I am sitting still (in the airport, waiting for the bus, sitting at the eye doctors, waiting for a meeting to start).  I can think about God in all those places and worship him for who he is.  He is and he died in my place for my sins.  I rest is His grace and wisdom alone. 

Wisdom from today's sermon: "We must repent of our particular sins, particularly." Also, "We must fear sinning against an infinite God."

1 comment:

  1. wow, this verse. SO good. need to commit this one to memory as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?