Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Happy New Year (otherwise known as a really random post)

Happy new year, new month, new week, and new day!!
 
I tried to post photos the other night and crashed the computer.  ha.  I posted them to facebook instead.  So, if you are friends with me on facebook and want to see some of my projects, go there and see. 
 
Last night I read for a solid two hours (almost three hours).  I am reading about the building of the Brooklyn Bridge.  It is a great book (maybe I like it because of all the engineering that went into the bridge).  I am almost to page 300 and not even halfway finished the book.  I skipped the gym because 1. it was way too cold and 2. it will be way too pack and busy during January (I don't like new years resolutions to go to the gym, but thankfully they will all be gone in a month or two and it will be pretty empty again) and 3. I wanted to stay home, where it was warm, and read.
 
I don't really have any goals for this year... here are a few things that I have been thinking about that I want to do (maybe if I mention them here, I will actually do them - ha): 
* I would like to take more pictures of life to document what happens (even the boring stuff)
* clean out my fabric stash by making lots of fabric things (so I can buy new fabric)
* lose 5 pounds
* weight train 3 days a week (not just to wimp out by doing just cardio)
* cook more dinners for Jared
* grill more (even in the winter)
* wake up 30 minutes earlier each day
* read 2 books a month (I read 4 books a month during grad school, I should be able to read 2... although, reading a 700 page book should count as 2, maybe I should set a page limit... hmmmm, I will get back to you on this one)
* visit Stephanie and family (see Colorado again!!!)
 
Quick recap of last year:
January - my company was bought by a larger company, everyone else was worried, I thought it was pretty cool from what I read on their website.  I ran the women's retreat and it went pretty well.  Thank God!  It didn't snow and we were able to stay the whole weekend.   :)  Thanks also to all the retreat women that work so hard to organize things.  Started planning VBS.
 
February - I was offered a much more exciting job.  LOVE MY JOB!  Kept planning VBS.
 
March - lots of time spent planning VBS.
 
April - more time spent planning VBS.  Travelled to Chicago for training.  Reminded how much I hate flying.  Wedding shower for little sister planned (over 150 crepes made).
 
May - little sister's wedding and two more showers.  More VBS.
 
June - Other little sister's wedding shower planned.  More VBS.  Happy 25th birthday me. Still loving my job. 
 
July -  happy 2nd anniversary us!!  Little sister's wedding. 
 
August - VBS!!   Thanks to Jeanne for making this a huge sucess.
 
September - teaching lab for SU starts again, staycation to Barbley's and OC for popcorn
 
October - more teaching, vacation to WV to visit little sister, camping in 32 degree weather. Put my little family on a budget.
 
November - more teaching, some baking, lots of quilting for Christmas presents
 
December - trip to Dallas, still hate flying!  found a granola recipe that I really enjoy.
 
----------------------------------------------------
 
That is my quick little summary for the year.  I read a lot of books and sewed a lot of fabrics together.  I didn't do as much cooking as I would have liked this year.    It was nice and warmish this weekend so I grilled out.  Yum yum yum.  Chicken, green peppers, and onions. 
 
book finished: Screwtapes Letters - C. S. Lewis
book to read next - the help (I need to find out if the library has this book)
 
What are you planning on doing this year?  Any exciting plans?

4 comments:

  1. If my mom still has 'The Help' here in Ukraine, I'll bring it back with me so you can read it :->

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed seeing all of your pictures - you are quite the quilter!

    a random Happy New Year to you too!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like last year was great and this year has fun potential;)

    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'it will be way too pack and busy during January (I don't like new years resolutions to go to the gym, but thankfully they will all be gone in a month or two and it will be pretty empty again)'

    bahahahahaaa!!!! you're funny (and very realistic, too)

    Sounds like it was a fun year. BTW I love being part of your life now - not just on blog. Living in Salisbury close to our special friends is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?