Friday, January 27, 2012

A few notes on travelling

1. There was snow on the ground in Baltimore.

2. It was 78 degrees in Dallas. 

3. A man that I work with told me that Dallas had colder winters than Salisbury.  I quickly plotted the average temperatures from both cities and sent it to him.  Sby averages 10 - 15 degrees LOWER than Dallas every month. 

4. My seat on the flight was in the last row. That bothers some people, I really don't care.  I am happy as a clam getting off the plane last, as long as the plane is on the ground.  Once the plane lands, I honestly don't care how long it takes to get off the plane (especially when it is cold outside). 

5.  People in cell phones talk loudly... some of them are very annoying... some of them are very entertaining. 

6. I smuggled a Chipotle burrito and freshly baked cookies on the plane in my luggage... I am not sure how they are going to last under the plane, but I will let you know once I get to Dallas. edit update: It  LASTED the trip, the only thing that broke was the fork.  :) I ate it for dinner when I got to Dallas.

7. TSA had to scan my bag twice because I have all my electronic devices in it... laptop (which I removed), ipod, cell phone, tomtom, charger for phone, charger for ipod, camera... how did we live without all these things?  I kid I kid.  I would give them all up for more conversations with people.  I much prefer paper and pen.

8. The man in front of me has a dog in a dog carrier... is this even allowed on planes?  It is the size of a rat. I hope it doesn't bark the whole trip. 

9. Before I flight I like to find an area where I can spread myself out as much as possible because I know my poor legs are going to be squished for the next few hours.  These are the times that I wish I were shorter.  ha.  This might be the only time that I wished I were shorter, but I am thankful for my height.

Have a great week.  I will check in as much as possible.  If you all think of Jared, pray for him.  He is working 90 minutes from home each day and it is quite a hike to work. He has to leave the house at 5:30. boo.  I am very thankful for my 5 minute drive to work each morning.  I might be able to handle a longer drive with NPR and an interesting story, but I really really enjoy my short little jaunt to work each morning.

2 comments:

  1. Yes people travel with dogs and cats all the time!! So weird! I enjoyed reading this post. -linnea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes people travel with dogs and cats all the time!! So weird! I enjoyed reading this post. -linnea

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?