Saturday, November 05, 2011

My office (or half of it in pictures)

I have painted you a picture of my office (this is the latest layout as of Friday at 5 when I left, I have moved the office around 5 different times lately to fit more people in the office - we are up to 4 full time and 3 part time people right now.  It is so crowded that I can't have meetings in my office anymore - boo!). The door is that little squiggle on the upper left side.  John's desk is the one right next to the door on the left.  Mary's desk is squished between the storage cabinet and the filing drawers.   The interns get the desk between the sign maker and the printer.  I am in the corner next to the printer and Otho is directly behind me. 

 No a little doodle can only show you so much... Did I mention that the walls are half wood paneling and half painted dark red?  You can see them belong.  In the first picture my desk is turned facing the door; we had to move it to fit Otho in our office.  In the picture you can see my white board (hidden behind the wooden door - so old school) and the window that runs along the top of the wall (it runs almost to the sign maker). I now face the window (which is too high for me to look out, but it is natural light and I one of 4 offices in the plant to have a winder, so, I am thankful!!!!).

 This is where Otho's desk is now.  This is the other corner of the end of the office.  Here is one of the red walls (and an intern at the intern desk).

And here is where the intern desk is now... There is the end of my desk at the far left (it is now facing the wall).  There is the printer, Otho's old table (where the intern new desk is now), the sign maker, and John's chair. 
The carpet is so worn that my chair can move around extremely easily.  The joke in my office is to talk about how big it is because there used to be only one person who used to have this office.  I bet it seemed really big when there was one person in it.  ha. 

I found these pictures that my interns had taken and thought they would make an interesting post. So, when you picture me at work, here is my office. What does your work place look like?

2 comments:

  1. Kitchen, living room and bathroom. It's really frustrating sometimes because my coworkers have a tendency to miss the toilet when they go, and return without pants on. Sooo inappropriate. The boss gets mad when he sees it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, you are funny.
    Faith

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?