Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Have yourself a merry little Christmas…

I have been doing a lot of reading lately (The Johnstown Flood and the Great Bridge by David McCullough – I highly recommend either book – and the Anne of Green Gables Series – I had to stop after the 6th book, I couldn't read the 7th and 8th.  I am sorry if you like them, but they lost their charm for me.  I really enjoyed the first 3 books and even sort of liked the 4th book, which was mostly letter from Anne to Gilbert while he was at med school, but after that, the books just get more and more unbelievable and feel contrived).  I notice a trend in my life, quilt for a while, read for a while, or cook for a while.  I can't seem to be able to do a healthy balance of those activities.  Maybe I will be able to pull it off once this lab that I am teaching ends and I have a little more free time. 

Last weekend Jared and I decorated the house for Christmas!  I love the way the house looks during the Christmas season.  We pull out our Christmas quilts, table runner, and tree skirt (all made by us, except one quilt from Mrs. Shelton).  I have my little wooden spinning nativity from Germany (love love love) and Jared has his Swedish chimes from Sweden (they both turn around when you light candles under them).   We have our Willow Tree Nativity from the Lunas (thank you thank you). Jared has countless Charlie Brown and Snoopy characters that he sets around (some of them sing and make noise, others sit around looking pretty).  Jared wants to name a child Linus someday… hmmmm.  There are two sets of Christmas dishes that come out and are put on display in the cabinet in our living room (each has its own unique snowman on it), bowls, plates, mugs, and dessert plates. Jared has this HUGE abdominal snow man, from Rudolph, made by Jim Shore, which Hannah gave him.  It is awesome.  Jared thinks it is hilarious to stick it behind the Willow Creek Nativity scene, as if it is sneaking up on them. I find it like that from time to time and have to move it.  Maybe I will get my camera out and take pictures . ha ha ha.  It isn't the taking pictures that I fail at doing, it is the uploading them to the internet. 

Tonight, I have to go to the dentist (to replace a filling that I pulled out while flossing on Saturday night), to the gym, and to the grocery store.  If I have any extra time, I will clean the house and start a new quilt that I have been dreaming about.  I think the plan is a little ambitious, but it is better to dream big. 

I hope your thanksgiving was lovely.  I had an awesome thanksgiving; I agree with my mother, the more the merrier.  She had 20+ people over and we feasted on all sorts of delicious foods.  Yum.  I ate leftovers for 5 days (I finished the last leftovers at lunch yesterday).  It was amazing.  Thanksgiving food never gets old to me.  I am so thankful for my family and my extended family.  J     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?