Monday, November 14, 2011

Anne of Green Gables

As some of you know, I have been reading the Anne of Green Gables series over the past month or so.  I LOVED the first book, enjoyed the second book, and really liked most of the third book.  The fourth book was way to contrived and the fifth book even more so.  I was extremely disappointed in the plot for the 4th and 5th book because Anne makes everything in the world right by just being there.  Life doesn't work out that way and it started to annoy me.  She sets up 6 or 7 different couples together in the 4th book and plus, Gilbert isn't ever in it. I am currently reading the 6th book (just started).  I will let you know an update after I finish.  I highly recommend reading the first 3.  After that, I could take them or leave them, but now that I have started I am going to finish them.  ha. 

Ha.  I was telling Jared about them and how much better the writing was in the first two and he said, "she probably didn't even write the rest of them."  To quote several characters in the 5th and 6th book, "isn't that just like a man?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?