Thursday, October 13, 2011

This is stuck in my head (and a bonus song)

God of the break and shatter
Hearts in every form still matter
In our weakness help us see
That alone we’ll never be
Lifting any burdens off our shoulders

If our days could be filled with small rebellions
Senseless brutal acts of kindness from us all
If we stand between the fear and firm foundation
Push against the current and the fall, the current and the fall

God of the worn and tattered
All of your people matter
Give us more than words to speak
‘Cause we are hearts and arms that reach
And Love climbs up and down the human ladder
- Jars of Clay




Push against the current and the fall, I really like that line.  At first I just liked the tune, it stuck in my head, but then I started thinking about what it really meant.  We should be in the world, but not of it, influencing the people around us for good. We should be more than words that speak. :) That is all I have to say about this.  I am going to listen to it again and this has moved to the top of my "cds to buy" list.

Bonus song:
Oh happiness, there’s grace
Enough for us and the whole human race
Oh happiness, there’s grace
Enough for us and the whole human race
-David Crowder Band



Okay, one more thing about the second song I included.  I heard this song on the way in to work one day last winter, while I was still suffereing through days in the engineering department trying not to let them steal my joy.  An aside, I am so thankful for those months spent in engineering, they were hard and boring, but I know so much about the company because of them.  Back to the story, I heard this one the way to work.  Well, that was an especially bad day, more terrible than they normally were, trapped in the fishbowl, blamed for things I didn't do with so many errors in the paperwork I was shuffling through.  I can't remember what happened, but I know there were several things, and each time something happened, this song popped into my head, "oh happiness, there is grace, its enough for us". It made a day that should have been awful, seem not so bad because there is grace and it is plenty enough for us.  Praise God for that.  Since that day, I can't listen to this song without smiling  and thanking God for his grace and goodness in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?