Wednesday, October 05, 2011

thankful day 5

I am thankful that Walmart is open after 9, unlike most other grocery stores because that was the only time that I had to go grocery shopping last night.  Normally, I would avoid Walmart, but today I am being thankful for them (and even their fruit flies... I avoided all fruit purchases -- stay away from my house fruit flies!!!). 
 
I am thankful because we have not had that many fruit flies this year.  There have only been one or two residing in my kitchen for the past month or so and soon it will be too cold and they will all go away!!
 
I am thankful for my pillow from IKEA and how it has lasted longer than other pillows and was cheaper and has real feathers in it ($9 for a feather pillow - what?).  I do love IKEA. I bought a bunch of dishtowels last time I was there for 50 cents.  How can you beat that?  I use them to wipe up spills in the kitchen (they are not my nice hanging up on the stove, dry my hands off on towels).  They have nearly rid our house of any paper towels (which are expensive).  As soon as I had to start buying my own, I tried to start using dish towels as much as possible. 
 
I am thankful that IKEA is two hours away from my house or I would be tempted to buy things that I didn't need.
 
I am thankful that the labs I teach are usually over before the two hours they give us so that I can grade the first labs before the second one starts. 
 
I am thankful for water. I drink it all day long.
 
I am thankful for curly hair!!  I love it. This is probably going to sound gross, but I love not having to wash my hair every day.  And I am thankful that I can roll out of bed and it takes only a little bit of work to make it look decent. 
 
P.S.  Free chick-fil-a breakfast every Saturday this month if you wear your pajamas into the store.  :)  I am trying to decide if I should go before the gym at 6:30?  Or change back into my pajamas after a shower and the gym at 9:30?  I am thinking the earlier spot to avoid everyone I might know in their pajamas, however, if Jared is coming with me, it will probably be the other one.  He seems to be able to sleep in on Saturdays; I am too set in a schedule.  6:00 rolls around and I am awake.  I was even getting up at 5:30 or 6 when I was with Steffy last week and staying up later.  It was really beautiful to watch the sun rise, though.  It made getting out of bed much easier.  So did the coffee (I would have gone for tea, hot chocolate, or spiced cider... anything warm).  Happy vacation memories.  It is funny how I actually like the mornings now.  I used to hate them.  I feel more productive when I get out of bed earlier. 
 
P.P.S.  I REALLY NEED TO GO CAMPING! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?