Wednesday, October 19, 2011

thankful day 19

I am feeling really not inspired today. Rain makes me tired and even a cup of tea is not waking me up this morning. 
 
* I am really thankful for the rain, but not the fact that the rain makes it harder to get out of bed and makes it darker outside (which also makes it harder to get out of bed). 
* I am thankful my parents have camping supplies that they let me borrow.
* I am thankful for smart people in manufacturing, that have imaginations, that work on my projects and want to work on my projects.
* I am thankful for my Bass clogs that keep me high above all the puddles in the parking lot (because I am not allowed to wear heels, nor would I want to because walking on concrete all day is painful in heels).  I am old; I love clogs.  As my other shoes die out, I am replacing them with old comfortable shoes.  My favorite expensive shoes are Privos by Clarks.  I have two pairs (of the same shoe, one I bought 10% off and one I saw a year later on the sales rack for 60% off - yay).  I will probably visit the Clark outlet again this weekend and see if there are anymore shoes my size on the clearance rack.  When I bring a new pair home, I have to throw away an old pair. 
* I am thankful for comfortable shoes!! That last a really long time.  Although, my one pair of Privos has started squeaking when I walk around the plant (just one shoe).  I can only get it to stop if I walk funny (kind of to the side of my right foot).  ha. They are so comfortable though that I can't give them up.  :)  
* I am thankful for my polka dotted umbrella that Hope gave me for Christmas (it made me smile this morning and kept me a lot drier than most people in the building). 
 
Wow!  I have a lot more things to be thankful for than I thought I would when I started this post.  I am really enjoying this challenge.  It makes me happier each morning.  God is good. It is good to remember his goodness. If you haven't started listing the things you are thankful for, I challenge you to start today.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?