Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Thankful day 11

I am thankful:
* for Chia tea (with cream and honey)
* my chemistry lab that makes me relearn all sorts of things I have let myself forget
* Tuesday meetings... ALL. DAY. LONG. I am thankful that they make my day go by really quickly and that they help to accomplish things that I don't have the power to do myself. :) None of us is as dumb as all of us, HOWEVER, all of us has more power, than one of us.  I try to keep a positive perspective on meetings (plus, I am paid the same whether I am sitting in a meeting or making a spreadsheet - as Jared says, "it is all 8 hours".  And since we simply reporting and requesting resources (and not planning and putting things together), they go quite smoothly (as smoothly as I think a meeting could go around here...) especially since I am running them (as much as someone without seniority can run a meeting around here...) and for the most part keep us on track and under 1 hour (my goal is to have 15 minutes meetings some day... it is going to happen and it is going to be marvelous!!).
* I am thankful for my job (again, I know, but I am just so thankful for it, I LOVE it)
* the ability to read and write my own language (it is amazing what the power of being able to record and read records can do)
* the beautiful sky last night when I came out of lab.  God created an amazing world filled with beautiful things.  I am so grateful to a loving creator.  I am so glad that, "it was good" and that it is still good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?