Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Smith Taylor Smith - new (old) dishes

Reveille. Last made in 1958.  Jared fell in love with them.  91 pieces are now in my house.  An 8 piece setting is in my cupboards (plates, mugs, saucers, dessert plates, bowls).  Replacements are in the attic.  I have dinner sitting in the casserole dish, butter in the butter dish, and I have filled up the salt and pepper.  :) I also have 6 or 7 seven serving platters and bowls or assorted sizes. 

Jared found these in one of the best antique shops that I have ever been in.  Why was it one of the best? I have included two pictures below of some pyrex bowls that I LOVE LOVE LOVE! Do I need these bowls?  No, I have plenty of mixing bowls.  Are these my favorite mixing bowls ever? Probably.  I love seeing them in antique stores.  I also love seeing all the bright cheery red and white appliances and kitchen things (red handled potato master, red handled biscuit cutting the lard into dough tool... etc).  If I ever break all my bowls, I am going to invest in this lovely set of bowls.  This store was unclutter, but full.  They had vintage feedsacks for reasonable prices, served me hot apple cidar, and knew what a cherry pitter was (I will pay up to $50 to buy an old fashion cherry pitter like my Dad's).  She had just sold her cherry pitter, shame shame shame.

Cherry pitter I want!!
Bowls I ADORE!

Those bowls make me so happy (the price does not - ha). 

Here is the plate.

 mug & saucers
 creamer (not pictured, sugar bowl)
 butter dish
 salt & pepper (they are adorably small)

5 comments:

  1. Search "enterprise cast iron cherry pitter" on ebay and there seem to be plenty under the price you specified.

    Also, quite a few say "Or Best Offer" so make them an offer.

    You can easily make your dream of owning one of these babies come true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, the dishes seem to be "taylor smith taylor" not "smith taylor smith"

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And didn't grandma have those pyrex mixing bowls?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did she have them? That is sad. I don't remember.

    Can I really buy one on ebay? Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I think she definitely had those bowls under the counter that separated the kitchen from the living room. At least three of them, maybe all four.

    Too bad I didn't know how expensive they were, or I would have saved them for you when we cleaned out her house (or sold them on ebay for some sweet $$.) Also, for the record, I like the Cinderella sets best. When I saw those on ebay, I said "forget the primary colors!" :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?