Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Peanut Butter Stuffed Cupcakes

Has anyone listened to Alison Krauss's new cd Paper Airplane?  Love love love. I acutally bought it with an itunes gift card that Aunt Suzanne gave me for my first graduation. So, thank you, Auntie!! 

More wishes than a thousand hearts can count for you
More smiles than a merry-go-round
The sweetest ending to a bed-time story told
My love follows you where you go

More laughter than a kindergarten out to play
One Sunday morning song that says it all
More summer than a California beach can hold
My love follows you where you go

For those of you that know me, you will know that one of my favorite flavor combinations is chocolate and peanut butter.  I had a peanut butter and chocolate wedding cake (oh my goodness it was amazing, but it is SOOO much work).  Does anyone else LOVE these flavors together?
This recipe satisfies my cravings for chocolate and peanut butter without too much work.  I even use a box cake mix and applesauce instead of oil and it still tastes amazing!!  I am not a big cake person.  I think cake is only good for the icing and stuffing that it brings with it.  You NEED to make these cupcakes or at least find someone to make the icing and fudge sauce and eat it up.  This is the third time I have made them and I am still eating the icing with a spoon and dipping it in the extra fudge sauce (there is always extra icing and fudge sauce...). 


And I am making this, but without the Candy corn.

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?