Saturday, September 10, 2011

odds and ends

Source
I want to make these soon.  I love the bright colors and the way it uses up scraps.  I also like because it showed up on my favorite food blog because the pattern is named, "chopped vegetables".  Notes for myself below.  :)
For each pillow, you will need:

20" Pillow Form
3 Print Fat Quarters (or scraps, as described in pattern)
1 Yard Coordinating Solid Fabric
1 Yard White or other Neutral Solid Fabric
1 1/2 yards 36” wide Muslin

For pillows with a visible zip closure, you will also need:

22" (or longer) All Purpose Zipper
Zipper Foot
4" x 4" Print Fabric Scrap (can be cut from fat quarters)
12" Fusible Hem Tape
1 Batting Scrap 22" x 22"
1 Batting Scrap 22" x 25"


Source
I love these.

Source
I like this bedroom for three kids too. The father of these three boys made all of the beds, without glue, so he can reuse the wood later on.  He also says his kids have bins of toys under the bed and they have to give away toys if they want to put in more toys.  I love the book shelves up on the top bunk.  I would love to have books that close to by bed (I do, just not on shelves, so they don't look that neat). Anyhow, I think this is a great small room. 


Source
How fun are these? Maybe next time I make peanut butter stuffed chocolate cupcakes, I might die some of the icing orange and yellow... hmmmm.  that might be weird.

I am going to go finish a quilt and maybe start on those chopped vegetable pillows.   I have to go sort through some scraps.  There are some really creepy people looking at the house across the street from us.  Ugh.  College kids. Two families have looked at the house so far... I liked them better. Oh, and speaking of neighbors, our neighbor next to us just got a chicken. WHAT?!? I have been asking Jared for chickens since we got married.  :)  I want free eggs (not that they are free since I have to pay for the feed - I will do a study to see if they are worth it - I wonder how many years until they pay for themselves...). 

I am making pizza for dinner with my Grotto pizza sauce from Anna and Andrew.  Yum yum yum.  I still have 4 or 5 jars.  Delicious!

1 comment:

  1. OOO-I like the chopped vegetable pillows! Cool colors.

    And neat bed sets-I am wondering the wisdom of putting fours kids to sleep in one room:) I bet they never sleep!

    Pray,pray for: #1 good neighbors and then #2 for whoever ends up moving there and then #3 Befriend(or at least be neighborly) to them. Starting off on the right foot usually breeds better relations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?