Friday, August 12, 2011

When I was growing up, I often wondered why my Dad spent so much time on the phone with insurance companies; I wonder no more. 
 
Jared's surgery is being billed as out of network, meaning that instead of paying 20% of his surgery, I get to pay 40% and a higher deductible.  Why doesn't the system just work like it is supposed to work?!?  Sigh.  I guess I am about to spend a lot fo time on the phone with these people.  Not cool! IT IS LISTED ON THEIR WEBSITE AS AN IN NETWORK OFFICE!!!!  And I am arguing the emergency room fees... Boo boo boo, United Health Care.  Boo boo boo. 
 
In other, much more happy news, VBS is going well.   Everyone is doing a great job.  I am so thankful for every one's hard work.  And I got to spend time with little baby Ivy last night.  She might be the happiest baby that I have ever met.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Honestly, I don't know how you folks who work full time can deal with ANY insurances-they take up SO much phone time!!! Health, life, house, and car insurance! But you will all of a sudden become an expert on in-network, out of network, doctors fees being separate from the ER, and Obama-Care(oops-did I just say that)? It's all a racket.

    Hmm, weren't you already on Claritan and nasal spray? I've already shared my allergy shot opinion:) And they didn't work for U. Bill. But he just regularly suffers from sinus infections. (And I don't think he's a very compliant patient:-)

    Smells: I LOVE the smell of lilacs too, Wendy!It also reminds me of my childhood and home! And I "know" that "clinical" smell of Bill, Faith:-) It's comforting:)

    Cans of wet cat food remind me off all my cat-loving relative's homes; the smell of bacon reminds me of my Papa(scrambled -egg sandwiches); pepper reminds me of Nana; cigarette smoke of my mom even though she quit 12 years ago; the old, dusty smell of an antiques shop brings to mind my MIL and my uncle(their houses are loaded). I know my dear friend's house has a smell particular to them but I'm not sure what that smell is-I will evaluate next time I'm over there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?