Tuesday, August 09, 2011

VBS is going wonderfully, better than I thought it would.  Everything is running itself at this point; it is great.  It is better than work because I don't have to follow up with people as much.  Everyone is just doing what they are supposed to.  I love it. 

Today I went to the allergist.  My back itches!!!  Apparently, I am allergic to a whole mess of dusts and molds and ragweed and dust mites.  Boo.  Oh, and cats.  I am extremely allergic to cats, but I knew that from the way my eyes itch and my nose runs whenever I go to visit my parents.   They are trying me on clariton and nasal spray and seeing me again in 4 weeks.  Anyhow, if at that point I don't feel better, we will talk about doing allergy shots.  I am really thinking about doing the allergy shots and getting everything over with.  What do you think?   Have you had allergy shots?  And if so, what are you allergic to?  

Today at VBS we learned about the fall, how man used to be happy and holy, but he had to go and mess it all up.  :)   I guess allergies are part of that.  Boo allergies.  Also, one more question today... do you ever smell things and they remind you of something?  I washed my hands at the doctor today and they now smell like Uncle Bill's (Dr. Taylor's) office to me (more specifically the doctor's in dr. Taylor's office).  ha. 

2 comments:

  1. Jonathan's allergies were very similar to yours - sadly, he did not respond to the shots. I can remember taking the meds to SCS and Alice Downes would give Jonathan the shot while he sat in the car- I finally decided I could learn to do this! Now he just takes OTC stuff when the symptoms are unbearable. I don't think current HIPPA laws allow me to share this information :)
    I am thankful that VBS is going well- and, I'll pray that you find relief from allergy symptoms
    the smell of lilacs remind me of my childhood home and my Mom
    wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to hear more about vbs. from all i've heard so far, you and jeanne did an excellent job. to god be the glory!!

    praying for jared and you too. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?