Sunday, August 21, 2011

Being in baby nursery once every six weeks makes me happy.  Leaving baby nursery once every six weeks makes me even happier.  :)  I like entertaining small children and then giving them back to their parents.   Babysitting for my niece and nephews used to be a lot of fun (it used to be because I don't have the chance to anymore).  We are supposed to make gingerbread cookies again this winter.  They are hilarious. 

I bought a dress at Macy's yesterday for $0.80.  It was $10.80 on the clearance rack and I had a $10 off any purchase coupon. YAY.  Jared and I then wandered in Hobby Lobby and I bought a bit of fabric (I wasn't impressed by their fabric sections at all... very small).  The woman who was cutting my fabric was grumpy; she was telling me about how it was her last day because they fired her (or when they told her she would be working a different section of the store, she quit... not sure they really fired her).  I don't think I'll be going back in there for a long time, too much junk and stuff I don't need.  I am trying to pare down the stuff in my life; there is too much stuff!!  I sold 3 books on half.com from college.  More than two years out from grad school and I still made over $400 on 3 books.  Not bad.  Not bad.  I wish I had sold more books.  Jared is glad they are not sitting by our front door anymore on my to-do list. 

I am thankful for friends and family.  We spent some time with Jamie, Dasha, and Lydian this week (thanks for the delicious food!!).   And we spent some time this afternoon with the Catalliers in their lovely house (seriously, I want the colors and painting in their house - I want to be artistic!!).   The food was awesome with them too.  I think it is funny about how much I want my food to be perfect when I invite people over (and I worry and worry about it not being good enough).  But when I go over to other people's houses, I just want to spend time with them.  I don't even think about the food; I don't juege it because it is just extra to spending time with them.  I will have to remember that next time I let the fear of not having good enough food stop be from inviting people over.  People make me happy.  I am thankful for friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?