Sunday, June 19, 2011

New York, New York.

Jared was invited to sing on the Huckabee show this weekend (with Matt and their little band).  They treated us to a free hotel room right around the corner from Time Square. 

1.  After two minutes in a city I am ready to get back to the country (except maybe DC because the buildings are shorter and it seems cleaner AND the museums are FREE!!).  Okay, now I will make positive comments.  :)



2.  We walked from our hotel (Stay), through Central Park, to the Met museum of art (only $20 admission), to the Guggenheim museum (picture below - it cost $79 to view the art inside - WHAT?!?!  We just walked around the gift shop), and all the way back (6.5 miles according to google maps).  I would like to stop and say here, that I really am glad that Jared likes to do free things with me.  :)  Yay, for just walking around and looking at things.  It rained (and thundered - yes, mom, I was walking through the trees while it was storming, but there were talk buildings all around), but I like summer rain.  It makes me happy.  I only had one blister one my little toe after all that walking.  Yay.



3.  Mike Huckabee is super nice.

4. My favorite part of NYC is Central Park.  I don't think anything compares. 



5.  Dinner at B. Smith (go look at the menu) was incredible!  I had the fried Chicken.  Yum yum yum.  It was delicious.  The bread pudding was the most amazing bread pudding Jared and I had ever heard.  Jared really enjoyed his catfish too.   The broccoli was undercooked and had garlic butter drizzled on it that combined with my sweet potatoes for a very strange combination.  The sweet potatoes had too much seasoning in them (I think it was all spice... all I could taste of the seasonings and not the potatoes).   They also forgot Jared's corn bread and our server was a little scatterbrained.  Otherwise, we had a great experience. 


Happy Father's day, Dad!  I'm headed home now to wash clothes and clean my shoes.

Thanks to Sarah and Mom and Dad for all the blueberries!!!  What a great birthday present. :)

5 comments:

  1. $79 to get into the Guggenheim?! Ugh!

    Funny that your favorite bread pudding is from NYC:)

    It's a great city-don't write it off yet. You still have much to explore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first bridge is the one Prince Edward jumps off of in Enchanted when he is singing "I've been dreaming...." and the bikers hit him.

    And the second bridge she dances over with balloons while singing "How Does She Know?"

    Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, you are right. And I walked over each of them! YAY!!! I didn't even think about that.

    Aunt Suzanne, I have explored other parts of the city on other trips. I perfer the mountians and country to the city. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Faith! Did you guys get a link to Jared's song? We wanted to hear it - we loved the last one from a couple of years ago :) Hope you guys are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura, I posted the video on Matt's facebook wall. I tried to get the link, but it would only let me share it. I hate posting videos on people's walls, but oh well. You can delete it when you are through. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?