Friday, December 10, 2010

I signed up for all my new health benefits today.  I am pretty excited because I will be visiting my eye doctor this year.  :)  YAY!  You don't understand how happy this makes me, yes, I have perfect vision right now (thanks to my parents paying for lasik), but my eye doctor is the sweetest person on the planet.  I am also hoping she can write me a prescription for glasses to wear some of the day while I stare at this dumb computer.  It has been giving me dull headaches recently.  Grr.  I have frames that I really like.  I bought them two years ago when all I could wear was glasses (because my eyes reacted to contacts). 
 
This weekend I am hoping to do a lot of resting.  I feel like I have been running a marathon for the last two weeks.  It will be so nice to relax.  Jared and I made chocolate covered pretzels last night (for the second time this year).  I made checkerboard cookies Tuesday night (as a trial run for this Saturday for the Christmas shop) and took them to work.  They were amazing!! Last weekend I made over 400 gingerbread cookies and 7 dozen gingersnaps.  Also, Anna came over and cooked for us last Friday and we watched a Christmas movie!!  YAY!! 
 
I really want to make a jelly roll.  That is one my list of next things to make from my 1930s cookbook.  I love that cookbook.  I spend most of Wednesday night while Jared was at school reading through it cover to cover yet again!!  There are some really great recipes in there for basic things (I mean, there are over 1400 pages to the book -- how can there not be some goodness in there?).  There are also some really disgusting things, such as, squirrel and possum, and a sandwich loaf smothered in cream cheese (made to look like a cake, I am assured that it looks extremely elegant).  Egg salad, bread, chicken salad, all pressed together and spread over by cream cheese does not sound good!!
 
P.S. Spell check is wonderful.
 
Do you have any exciting plans this weekend?  I hope to head over to my parents house this weekend for some good food. Otherwise, it is all about resting this weekend. 

1 comment:

  1. Anna tells me she has eaten almost all the gingerbread cookies in the freezer. I haven't had the heart to look, so it could be an exaggeration, but regardless, they have been very popular. I have been trying to not stock too many sweets in the house till Christmas, and that is the result, I'm afraid. I helped set up for the Christmas shop today and am soon going grocery shopping. Tomorrow going to help at the Christmas Shop. Andrew finished his last ship today--hooray! Sunday we will have a little celebration meal with him. What an accomplishment! Dad wants to go to a Gospel concert at UMES Saturday night but there are other things happening, too, so we'll see....that's about it for the weekend for us...hopefully I'll also get some presents wrapped...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?