Monday, November 08, 2010

Was anyone else a little disappointed in Moriarty? Ummm, yeah. He was a bummer of a bad guy (it was so bad he was comical and annoying). Moriarty would not be like that. Evil crime lords should be older/ look older than 18!! I am thinking he should be at least late 30s or 40s to make him at all believable. He was a terrible disappointment. It is the first problem that I have had with the Series (and it is a major problem seeing that the writers like to work Moriarty in ever episode. In the books he isn't mentioned all that often). Boo hiss!!

That whole last scene was so out of character for the books and the show. It really annoyed me. Otherwise, I loved the references to the 5 Orange Pips and the Purloined Papers. The flash drive was a clever twist. I liked it. I enjoy seeing how they are basing it on the books, but an updated version. If it hadn't been for the last scene I would have been completely positive about Sherlock. Putting the last scene aside (it was terrible), I would still recommend this show and I am planning on watching it again. I have already watched the second one twice. I think that is my favorite of the three. I hope they make more so they have a chance to redeem themselves from this dreadful ending.

In other news, I made Minestrone yesterday. It is the perfect soup for a cold evening (or two or three). I brought some to work today for lunch. Sprinkle a little Parmesan on the top and it is amazing. It was inspired by a little date lunch we had to Olive Garden two weeks ago (thank you to anyone that gave us Olive Garden gift cards or any restaurant gift cards - so fun). I also am eating an apple and peanut butter (love) and some grapes. I really wish a Trader Joes would decide to come to Salisbury. After Chipotle it was the store I missed the most from College Park (now, with the addition of Chipotle to the bury, TJ has moved to the top spot for most wanted store).

Question: Is there any stores you would like to see in Salisbury?
Food: Trader Joe's!!! I would love some trail mix or tomato basil soup or cornbread right now. YUMMY! Maybe an Aldi. I have heard great things about them too (mainly lower prices).

Clothing (not that I have even gone clothing shopping since being married - ha, but I like to admire beauty): Banana Republic and Anthropologie.

Question 2: Have you ever been disappointed in a TV series ending? Which one and why?
I don't really watch that much TV and the shows I do watch are usually BBC shows or miniseries. I haven't been disappointed in any of them. The one TV show I started watching and gave up on was LOST. I quit watching after the second season, but I did watch the last season and the ending. It was a complete cop out and devoid of any creativity. If Jared hadn't been at school those nights I wouldn't have wasted my time watching the last season. It was pretty worthless.

10 comments:

  1. Faith, you are such a LOVE or HATE kind of person...sheesh!

    I don't think the end of LOST was devoid of creativity. The last few episodes with all those cool "remembering" moments between key characters was such a cool idea and had me in tears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherlock: I wasn't disappointed in Moriarty but I've never read the books. I like "younger" "evil" people b/c they are all the more "creepy" to me. They have to start at some age!
    I was disappointed b/c I didn't understand what happened at the end...

    Minestrone: One soup I don't care for. don't know why.

    Peppermint Patties: Did you save your Aunt one?!

    Trader Joe's-yes! Hayley's store FEAST?! Yes!

    Previous Post: LOVE to talk with older folks! Wish I had appreciated the fact that folks aren't around forever when I was younger! I have a profound sense of HISTORY passing when they do. AND I wish I had written down family stories-I forget so easily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very love or hate. ha ha. I have strong feelings about a lot of things. But Jared agreed with me about the end of Lost. I just didn't like it. I know a lot of Lost fans did, but I just thought it was a cop out.

    Auntie, I might have one left for you. I don't know when the next time I will see you will be. Do you like peppermint patties?!? My dad is the only one that I know who likes them as much as I do. Luke says they are chocolate covered toothpaste. Boo. Maybe if I can find cheaper peppermint extract or some peppermint (do you grow peppemint) I can make some more. This last batch (of 18) cost me 4 bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faith,

    Peppermint patties are Trish Robins' favorite candy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh and BY THE WAY, thanks for the SPOILER!! We haven't finished watching Sherlock Holmes yet..


    next time put SPOILER ALERT as the post title. sheeesshhh

    ReplyDelete
  6. In defense of my daughter: I do not think (this time :>) that she gave away anything that spoiled the watching, except that she did not like the ending. And I agree, I did not like #3 as well as the other 2, but I would like to see more anyway. I do think they can tend to be a bit "CSI"-y (not that I watch that, but even the ads give you the idea); anyway, something that has always been true of me: when I FEEL (it could just be me) my kids or husband are in need of defense, my claws come out. The truth is, they can take care of themselves, and I am probably just taking some things way too personally....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who can blame a mother for defending their child?? But in this case don't worry about it because I'm being facetious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha. Seeing that goober-ish Moriarty made me think of Christopher Lee talking about how hard it is to play bad guys....

    "There's a fine line between portraying menace and just looking ridiculous."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?