Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Just a question today: Do you have any favorite articles of clothing that make you look forward to pulling out in the winter? 
Scarves!!  Scarves!!  Scarves!! I have two cashmere scarves that Jared bought me in blue and purple plaids.  They are lovely and soft.  I worked in a different part of the office last winter (where it was colder because it was near the server) and wore them all day long.  Now I work in a small area crammed full of 12 people, 12 desks, 12 computers, and a copier.  The heat is a little oppressive at times.  I am wearing a short sleeved polo and dressy jeans today and it is warm.  I drink a lot of cold water most days.  My scarves last for the first two hours of the day around my neck, but then I have to take them off.   I also love my light blue pea coat and my wool dress pants.  Winter clothes are so much cozier than summer clothes for me.  I look forward to bundling up in the winters!!  I love love love it. 
 
And speaking of clothing/shoes, I bought a pair of Privo (Clark Brand) shoes to walk around work in because my feet were hurting just wearing flats.  They are incredible!  My feet haven't hurt since I started wearing them; I adore them.  I wear them 3 or 4 days a week and my old lady clogs the other 2 days.  My feet are happy; I am happy.  Thank you to the Clark outlet for selling shoes at half price for the little people.  These shoes make me want to throw away all my other shoes and invest in well made expensive shoes.  My plan is to slowly build up a good rotation of comfortable shoes to wear over the years.  I also practically stole a brown pair of Clark clogs for $15 on the discount rack.  If they had had these Privos any cheaper I would have bought several pairs.  ha.  I am really waiting for their Unstructured shoes to go on sale and to the outlets.  Those are my favorite shoes that I tried on at VP. 
 
Okay, another Question:  Do you use flannel sheets?
My alarm went off this morning and I immediately realized that I way touching one of my quilt and not my sheets (we have three quilts on our bed right now -- so cozy).  I looked over and Jared was all twisted up in the sheet.  It was all untucked and unkempt.  It was a good think though because it reminded me that I have been wanting to put on my flannel sheets.  YAY!!  So tonight I am going to go home (after the gym and dinner and before a little quilting and putting away clothes) and make my bed with flannel sheets.  While Jared is off studying at the library (if that is what he is doing tonight) I am going to curl up in my newly made bed and read a good book.  Books are golden.  I also "use" flannel sheets that I buy on sale after the holidays for quilting.  :) 

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?