Monday, November 01, 2010

cough drops

When I was younger I did not like cough drops nor saw the point of them.  Over the last year or so I have really come to depend on them.  My throat seems to often be dry and itchy.  I blame the recirculated air at work and a recent discovery of allergies to almost everything (mainly perfumes, and fake flowery scents in lotions and candles and the like).
 
This weekend was nice and relaxing.  I found a bunch of bone-in chicken breasts on sale at Food Lion and spend Saturday afternoon boiling them (with various root veggies) to make broth.  Saturday evening I picked the chicken off.  I love boiling chicken for a long time because the chicken meat usually just falls off the bones. It is super easy.  I also like boiling the bone-in chicken because it makes for better broth and it is cheaper than boneless.  From the chicken I froze two Tupperware containers and made chicken & rice soup and a German dish from my German cookbook (it has a sauce made from flour, chicken broth, egg yolks, and cream - oh yum).  I am looking forward to heating that up tonight over some Brown rice for dinner before dashing off to teach my chemistry labs.  Which reminds me, I will be very sad when they end.  I hope they ask me back next fall.  :)   The soup was especially delicious today for lunch because I woke up with a soreish throat.  
 
Friday night we went to a costume party at the Townsends.  Jared dressed up as Wolverine.  I forgot to take pictures.  Saturday was the Reformation Children's party.  I helped set up around 1:30 - 4:30.  I came home and changed in to some warm clothes before heading back to church with Jared for a bonfire.  I felt so tired.  This sleep schedule with Jared working some nights but not other nights is getting to me. I am extremely thankful that he doesn't always work nights and that his job is mostly day work (this is the first time he has ever worked nights in 6 years at his job).  Hooray.  Sunday I cooked up some German food (I love my German cookbook): Schnitzel and croquettes.  They turned out pretty well. Not nearly as good as real German food.  Thanks to Sarah for taking me over to Germany. I'll never forget it.  German food is one of the bests.  I'll probably bring the leftovers to work tomorrow with my favorite condiment, Ketchup (ever since starting to listen to A Prairie Home Companion, I hear the Ketchup song in my head when I type that word - ha ha). 
 
I have so many sewing projects to complete (or start) and Jared working nights has put them all on hold.  They are sitting in piles in my spare bedroom waiting for me.  I am going to buy some new charms at Mrs. Shelton's shop on Thursday, hopefully.  I am going to try to use that a a jump start back in the sewing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?