Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A little housekeeping:  I thought I could use a little updated look, but I haven't made the formatting all right.  My header is way too big, but I don't have it saved on my computer right now. 

I went and had my teeth cleaned today!!  Yay.  They feel so ... clean. 

My two labs that I am teaching are going really well.  I love being a university lab instructor.  If I could only break into the professor world.  I will continue to try to climb in any doors that they open to me.  :)

Tonight I am going home to make stuffed shells for dinner.  They are going to be delicious!  And I really wish the weather would make up its mind to stay cold because I REALLY REALLY want to make soup.  I love soups, stews, and chowders.  I rebelled and made some chicken and rice soup last week because Jared had a cold.  Thankfully, I didn't catch his cold.  I am so grateful for that.  I am craving some good potato and ham or simple potato chowder.   Soup also calls for a batch of rolls.  I love Autumn.  Speaking of weather, it is way too hot!

Last night Jared and I spend the evening watching the end of Martin Chuzzlewitt.  What a great movie.  I didn't enjoy it the first time I watched it.  I thought it was rather weird and the main character, Jared's favorite character, Pecksniff ANNOYS me.  But the movie has grown on me.  I enjoyed it greatly this time around.  The book is going to be on my reading list soon.  Maybe after Jared and I finish reading Harry Truman we can jump into this book.  Here are the books on my reading list right now (but first I have to buy them... NOTE: Christmas presents - Mom and Mrs. Shelton you should talk to each other before buying any of these - ha).  I have been eyeing these beautiful books for a while.  I have read a lot of review about them and can't wait to read them.  Which reminds me, I am so glad that we don't have internet.  I don't have time for it.  

Okay, here are the books:
* The Case for Working With Your Hands: or Why Office Work is Bad for Us and Fixing Things Feels Good. By Matthew Crawford
* Made By Hand: Searching For Meaning in a Throwaway World. By Mark Frauenfelder.
* The Shallows: What the Internet is Doing to Our Brains. By Nicholas Carr.
* Broker, Trader, Lawyer, Spy. By Eamon Javers

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE martin chuzzlewitt!
    Soup is always cozy-hope you can make some soon. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course Pecksniff is weird! Dickens has such a way portraying the oddities and weirdness of us all! Love his stuff. Often wonder how he would portray me, my family, or my friends. What strange, but fitting names would he give me? Maybe my name would be Mrs. Tallkinphone. Or Mother Babble:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?