Monday, August 16, 2010

Why are you so surprised? Ask and you shall receive.

Why are you so surprised?  Ask and you shall receive.
(A quick praise during my afternoon break - ignore any spelling errors or missing words, just focus on how great God is)

 

Over the past few months I have had a real problem at work concentrating because the woman I work next to is constantly calling her family (and friends) and talking (loudly) on the telephone (in her language).   While she does this she plays minesweeper (or some game which requires constant clicking of the mouse).  It drives me crazy and headphones don't seem to block it out.  Grrr. 

 

Anyhow, today I started off the day by praying about this specifically instead of letting it bother me.  God cares about the small things too, right?  All morning she left her desk and visited her friends around the plant (jnstead of talking on the phone).  When she was at her desk she just surfed the internet and played computer game, but didn't talk on the phone.  This was so unlike her and I knew it wouldn't last.  I said a quick thanks to God for the temporary relief a few times during the morning and let Him know how much I loved the peace and quiet.  After lunch, I just KNEW she was going to talk on the phone because she ALWAYS does for the last two hours or so of her day.  She made two phone calls and each time I prayed they wouldn't be long.  Ha.  She was off in less than five minutes, probably closer to 2 minutes.  She has called several people this afternoon and they haven't been home!!!  YES!!  That practically never happens.  This is so great.

 

Hooray.  Hooray.  Hooray for a God who cares about the little things in life.  It has been nice to have a day without the constant drone of her voice on the phone.  What a great day!  Praise God.  I am still amazed that she is not on the phone.  She'll be leaving work in half an hour!  I have made it almost a whole day without hearing a few hour long phone conversation.   I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?