Saturday, February 13, 2010

For the first time ever, in the history of the company I work for, they closed because of snow! Those crazy New Yorker work through all sorts of snow (except when the city declares state of emergency and doesn't allow people out on the roads). Good thing because our road still hasn't been plowed and is a six inch slab of ice and potholes. Jared head out to shovel out my car and after working on it for half an hour he came back inside the house to take me to work. Thankfully I thought, maybe I should call and see if there is a delay or something (even though they told me that they never close). When I called they said, "first shift is canceled today".

So, on Thursday I had a snow day and so did Jared. He read me Lord of the Rings while I worked on my new quilt and while I cooked (soup and cinnamon swirl bread) and while I hand sewed one of my old quilts. We worked on a puzzle together, played a few board games, and watch a Jeeves and Wooster. It was so great and relaxing. Thank God for a husband who loves me and a day to enjoy being together in the same house.

I do like my job; the days go by very quickly.  It is extremely amusing.  However, it was nice for a day off.  

Oh, and grocery shopping is so much better with Jared!! But Walmart on the other hand is terrible. It is such a mess and nothing was in stock. sigh. It was annoying. Boxes were all over the floor and things were thrown everywhere. They didn't even have green peppers. I wish we had a Super Target. I would totally pay the few extra cents to shop in an environment that was friendly and clean and cheerful.

Mom, where do you buy that awesome stir fry sauce? Is it only sold at Food Lion? And what is it called? I went to Walmart and Super Fresh last night and neither of them had them. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?