Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Something that amazes me is that I have this little basic sewing machine (thank you, Mrs. Bailey), but I can do so many amazing things with it. This quilt I am making right now if by far my favorite thing that I have done and my little machine keeps sewing along. The only problem I have sewing is that if I sew too fast the table starts to vibrate and makes the machine jump up and down, but that is the table's fault and not the sewing machine's. Plus, going slower makes me learn patience. That is something I really think is good for me in quilting. I have to do all these little steps to make the finished product and if one little dimension is off the whole thing looks sloppy and junky. I have to really think through each step and what I am doing and make sure my measurements make sense and take the time to iron all the seams. It is fun. I really enjoy it. I hope to finish the top tonight and then maybe put on boarders and try to assemble the back (if I am extremely adventurous). I have to go to SU to use their Internet to pay a few bills online (so maybe... if I remember... I will bring pictures... maybe).

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! Maybe that is why I was never a successful seamstress-lack of patience! But God has taught me this virtue through other means(kids, pets, husbands:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?