Monday, January 25, 2010

New Quilt

I have started a new quilt and it is eating me up inside.  It is all I can think about at work and it is making the day go extremely slowly.  Mrs. Shelton gave me the pattern for it for Christmas, but I hadn't found the right fabrics to match some of my older fabrics.  Saturday I found the perfect fabrics that go amazingly and they are so colorful (maybe if I remember I can take a picture).  So Sunday while Jared took his nap I cut out all the squares (I guess they are more rectangular).  It was really quite simple;  I really like when a pattern has you cut bigger pieces and then sew them together with other bigger pieces and then cut more pieces for that.  I started sewing some of it when we came home from evening church and Jared was watching the end of the Saints/Vikings game (which went into overtime and I had even more time... YAY). 
 
I just thought I would blog about it because it is all I can think about right now.  I WANT to be home quilting and not here at work.  Thankfully Jared has classes tonight and so I can spend the entire evening sewing.  :)  YAY!!  I have great plans to have this finished by the time he comes home.  I have a great idea for another quilt that I am hoping to start as soon as this one is finished.  I just need to go out and buy some cream colored fabric. 
 
I am so excited.  I can't wait.  I love fabrics (especially when you find the perfect colors and patterns to go together). 
I might run out in this crazy rain and wind on my lunch break just so I can sew for 20 minutes...

2 comments:

  1. Your creative side needs to be "fed":-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My creative side needs to be fed too. I think about all the things I could be home doing when I'm at work. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?